Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Coaching search update...

I don't think I mentioned last time that I would happily be wrong if Texas went a direction other than Kim Mulkey - but I would be. Word is out that Texas has asked permission to speak with Duke's Gail Goestenkors and will be talking to her today. Now this is an addition I would gladly welcome to the Texas staff and I think she would fit in quite well. Her reserved on the court demeanor, and her reputation as a solid recruiter fall right into line among Texas coaches. I think it will be a hard sell to get her away from the success she's been having at Duke (4 of the past 6 Final Fours, but granted she did have Alana Beard, one of the best player's to hit the women's game in the past 10 years, for most of those), but being offered double your current salary would peak anyone's interest. Of course, Texas won't be the only one with their eye on Goestenkors, so we'll see what happens...

No comments: