Wednesday, August 29, 2007

19 Days, 19 Questions: #3

With 3 days left until KICKOFF, 'The Forty' is back in business and going to run down the top 19 questions for the upcoming year.


#3: What bowl will Texas go to?


It is simple for Texas, win the Big 12 and the worst you can do is a BCS bowl. If not, it is off to the Cotton, Alamo or Holiday Bowl, and nobody really wants that. Texas fans want to spend New Year's Eve in Miami, New Orleans, Tempe or Los Angeles. If the Horns perform up to their ability week in and week out, there is no reason Longhorn fans can't be packing their bags for a fun trip out of state.

Ok, so we have hashed and rehashed much of the year already. Now we are putting it all together. Texas should go into the OU game undefeated and 1-0 in the Big 12. As discussed earlier, I think Texas can (and should) beat the Sooner for control of the Big 12 South. I will be close at times, but Texas' defense should be able to hold it for the Horns.

I know earlier I predicted that Texas would go undefeated in the Big 12. I am going to now hedge my bets and say that the Horns will drop one to either Oklahoma State or A&M. I am totally flip-flopping, but I am pretty sure "real journalists" do it all the time. It is just hard for me to picture Texas not having one hiccup this season. But the good news, one conference loss and a win over OU, equals a Big 12 South Championship. Texas should be able to handle either Nebraska or Missouri and pull out the Big 12 Championship.

And you know what that means.... BCS! I am going to completely guess and say, Texas won't be in the Rose Bowl. Just a feeling. I am hoping for either the Sugar (or BCS Championship) or the Orange. The Sugar because The Big Easy is still one of the top 5 most fun cities ever. BUt part of me wants to see exactly how crappy the Orange Bowl stadium really is before Miami moves its home games to Dolphin Stadium.

My Prediction: Texas will go on to play LSU in the Sugar Bowl. That'll be fun!

No comments: